- What do music journalists look for when they’re listening to music?
- What format do music journalists use in their writing?
- How does music journalism differ from other types of journalism?
- To what extent does opinion matter in music journalism?
GOAL(s): My goal is to learn about what a music journalist might look for in music and the process used to create a piece of writing about music, to improve writing skills, and to gain general knowledge about music in preparation for having a radio station in the future. Also maybe to create a zine but idk
EVIDENCE: 3 pieces of writing including two concert reviews & an album review, 2 interviews, pictures
EVALUATION: Rubric created with help from Dan Bolles, feedback from Dan & Young Writers Project
PROCESS: Go to a few concerts to gain an understanding of what to expect and what to look for. Pick one to write about and write first piece. Interview Dan to get tips (& feedback?) write next two pieces, an album review and another concert review
Concerts this term:
- And the Kids
- El Ten Eleven
- Last Concert at 242 Main
RESOURCES: Justin at Burlington Record Plant, Dan Bolles & Jordan Adams at Seven Days, Higher Ground, Signal Kitchen
Creating a website on WordPress
- What web software can I use to create a portfolio other than google sites?
- What are the components I need to have a good website on WordPress & to showcase my work in a positive way?
- How can I customise my portfolio to best suit my needs & plans?
GOAL(s): My goal for this project is to have a beautiful and successful website to showcase the effort I have put into my work this year at Big Picture.
EVIDENCE: This website!
EVALUATION: It has all the components of the original google sites portfolio template
PROCESS: Make website, research how to customize if necessary, put all requirements in
RESOURCES: The internet